For 75 years, Melvin Mark has been an integrated part of the Portland community. Right now, we understand times are uncertain and things are quickly changing due to COVID-19. Our response is focused on the good of the people around us as we continue to offer our services and support to our clients, partners, and community.
We believe the health and safety of both our professional and personal connections is of utmost importance, so we are taking precautions to ensure their well-being. Our company has always said “it’s all about the people” and now more than ever, this is true. In order to take care of our team, our clients, and our office, we are following guidelines issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), and the Oregon Health Authority (OHA). These match the guidelines outlined by Governor Brown’s “Stay at Home” order.
Below are the steps we are taking in order to offer safeness and awareness both internally and externally:
- We’re increasing our levels of virtual communication within our company as well as with our clients. Instead of in-person meetings, we’re encouraging the use of video conferencing tools for clients (Microsoft Teams, Go-To Meetings) or if necessary, telephone calls.
- We have encouraged the majority of employees in the Melvin Mark Brokerage Company to work remotely. They are still available for client communication.
- We have reduced the amount of human connection within our office and have staggered our employee schedules appropriately.
Property Management Practices
- In addition to our already thorough cleaning practices, we are increasing the amount of sanitization throughout common areas with special attention to high touch surfaces such as:
- Door pulls
- Elevator buttons
- Reception areas and security desks
- We are keeping restrooms well-stocked with soap and paper products.
- We are regularly sharing CDC, WHO, and/or OHA updates to best practices and precautions.
- As always, we are continuing to address tenant concerns and ensure that all buildings are still operating and functioning properly.
Even though we are able to conduct business as usual during this time, it’s important that we do so safely and carefully. To view our building tour and property management protocol, please click here.
To Our Tenants/Visitors:
Many of our buildings are home to tenants who are continuing to provide essential services during this time. In order to help us keep the community safe and healthy, we ask that both our tenants and visitors join us in following these building guidelines:
- Limit elevator occupancy
- Maintain at least 6 feet of distance from the next person
- Limit contact with surfaces in high-traffic areas
- Wash your hands frequently and dry them thoroughly
- Cover your cough and sneeze
- Cover your mouth & nose with a cloth face cover when around others
- Avoid touching your face
- Stay home if you feel sick
Our goal is to be a strong, optimistic resource during this experience. We are available to our employees and our clients, so please feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns. Take care of yourself and take care of each other. We will get through this together.
For more information, please visit these resources:
Business Oregon: COVID-19 Resources for Businesses
OSHA: Safety & Health Topics
U.S. Department of Education: Info for Schools/Personnel
U.S. Chamber of Commerce: Small Business Guide