For 75 years, Melvin Mark has been an integrated part of the Portland community. We understand things have changed due to COVID-19. Our response is focused on the good of the people around us as we continue to offer our services and support to our clients, partners, and community.
We believe the health and safety of both our professional and personal connections is of utmost importance, so we are taking precautions to ensure their well-being. Our company has always said “it’s all about the people” and now more than ever, this is true. In order to take care of our team, our clients, and our office, we are following guidelines issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), and the Oregon Health Authority (OHA).
Below are the steps we are taking in order to offer safeness and awareness both internally and externally:
- We have increased the levels of virtual communication within our company as well as with our clients. We’re encouraging the use of video conferencing tools for clients (Microsoft Teams, Go-To Meetings) or if necessary, telephone calls.
- Many employees in the Melvin Mark Brokerage Company are able to work remotely a portion of each week. They are still available for client communication.
Property Management Practices
- In addition to our already thorough cleaning practices, we are increasing the amount of sanitization throughout common areas with special attention to high touch surfaces such as:
- Door pulls
- Elevator buttons
- Reception areas and security desks
- We are keeping restrooms well-stocked with soap and paper products.
- We are regularly sharing CDC, WHO, and/or OHA updates to best practices and precautions.
- As always, we are continuing to address tenant concerns and ensure that all buildings are still operating and functioning properly.
Even though we are able to conduct business as usual during this time, it’s important that we do so safely and carefully. To view our building tour and property management protocol, please click here.
To Our Tenants/Visitors:
While restrictions have been lifted it’s important to remember that COVID-19 still poses a risk and we must all do our best to protect ourselves and one another. Please take care to continue following the actions listed below:
- Get vaccinated
- Avoid touching your face
- Stay home if you are sick
- Cover your coughs/sneezes with a tissue
- If you become symptomatic while in public, return home immediately
- Practice good hygiene by frequently washing hands or by using hand sanitizer
- Review Public Health Recommendations for wearing masks and physically distancing
Our goal is to be a strong, optimistic resource during this experience. We are available to our employees and our clients, so please feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns. Take care of yourself and take care of each other. We will get through this together.
For more information, please visit these resources:
SBA: Disaster Loan Information and Assistance
SBA: Economic Injury Disaster Loans FAQ
Business Oregon: COVID-19 Resources for Businesses
OSHA: Safety & Health Topics
U.S. Department of Education: Info for Schools/Personnel
OEDA: Assistance for Businesses
U.S. Chamber of Commerce: Small Business Guide
Oregon Executive Orders: Order 22-03; Order 21-15; Order 20-13; Order 20-12